BPT has a number of actions that may positively affect the healing of the body that has cancer. It also has been reported to greatly reduce the negative side effects of chemotherapy and radiation. Those being:
- Increased oxygenation of the tissues therefore reducing pain.
- Improving the function of the blood, rheological improvements, i.e. blood flow, carrying capacity and increased red blood cell production.
- Vasodilation and relaxation to the nervous system.
- Regulatory function i.e. suppresses excessive activity and stimulates under performing elements bringing about a general normalization.
- Increases the activation of circulating IgM and IgG which are non specific immune factors
- Increases surface antibodies on red blood cell membrane